Hidden Veggie Spaghetti
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 pound ground turkey (or 1 pound if you like a meatier sauce)
- 1 chopped bell pepper (any color – whatever is in your fridge! I used green!)
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 2 chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce (we like the Classico Tomato & Basil)
- 1 package Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals (visit link for coupon below!)
- Red Pepper flakes (garnish)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Pour oil into large skillet on low-med heat. Add the ground turkey, onion and garlic.
- Turn up to med heat and cook the ground turkey all the way through.
- Reduce heat to low-med and add bell pepper and Roma tomatoes. Cook 5-7 min until peppers are soft.
- Add jar of pasta sauce.
- Reduce heat to low, add frozen spinach, and let it simmmmmer!
- (While sauce is simmering…) Boil water in medium sized pot and add Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals. Cook for 3-5 minutes then drain.
- Add Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals to the sauce, stir to combine and you’re done!
- Serve in bowls topped with red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan cheese!
You guys know how the story goes…dinner time rolls around and you are already dreading the bargaining/bribery it could take to make your kids eat anything – especially vegetables! Luckily Camdon likes broccoli and carrots but it is a struggle to get him to branch out! This is where I had the thought that if I could HIDE vegetables in something maybe he would gobble it up with no problem! And thus, Hidden Veggie Spaghetti was born!
But speaking of spaghetti,that can be a tough one in our house. I have Celiac disease and must follow a gluten free diet. But cooking 2 entirely separate pasta dishes seems like a chore (no thank you) and getting my family to eat the sometimes questionable tasting gluten free pastas doesn’t always go over well. So I was completely over the moon when I came upon zoodles! Specifically Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals! These are incredibly easy to prepare, add another vegetable to our line up, let me avoid the whole cooking multiple pasta dishes and are SO much better tasting and easier to digest with a sensitive tummy!
Just look how colorful and delicious the sauce and final product look!:
My family gobbles this up with nooo problem! Camdon even told me “Mommy I want to eat this everyday!!!!!” (Lots of exclamation points because for those of you that know Camdon he is basically a human exclamation point haha!)
Be sure to look for the Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals on your next grocery run!
Veggie Spiral Coupon <—- visit this link to print a coupon for Green Giant Veggie Spirals!