When looking for dinner ideas, mostly on Pinterest 💁♀️, I find myself always including the words quick or easy. Usually a few sheet pan dinners pop up in the search results and that got me thinking – why not experiment with them? I have one sheet pan dinner that I’ve posted in the Momchella Facebook community before – Sausage, Peppers and Gnocchi – which has had a great response! So why not try more out?! What if sheet pan dinners are a delicious and healthy way to all the weeknight dinner woes?!
So we kicked this experiment off with Chicken BLT + A! I love it because you can make a lot if you are cooking for a crowd or simply want leftovers. Plus it is so versatile. Here is what you need:
Chicken BLT + A Sheet Pan Dinner
- Chicken Breasts – I used 2 but you could totally do more!
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Buns for sandwiches (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Create a foil divider to split the sheet pan in half (see picture – make sure the foil has raised edges…keeps the bacon grease contained!)
- Cut 1/2 pound of bacon in half and place strips inside foil
- Put chicken breasts on the other side of the pan and drizzle with olive oil and then lightly season with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme and basil.
- Pop the sheet pan in the oven for 25 min (optional: turn bacon halfway through cooking!)
- While it is in the oven, chop up lettuce, tomatoes and avocado!
- Slice chicken when it is done cooking and transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain the grease off.
- Serve as a salad, sandwich or a wrap!
Loved this dinner because everyone ate without complaining 🤣🤣🤣🤣! Plus the super easy prep, cooking and cleanup was amazing! I can’t wait to try more sheet pan dinners out!
XO – Megan
Find Momchella on Facebook! Search – Momchella: A Mommy Lifestyle Blog to join our community!
Thanksgiving is just days away and most of you are probably gearing up for the big feast! It can be a little bit of a daunting task to try to prepare a gluten-free Thanksgiving dinner without compromising on the taste and flavors everyone enjoys. (Luckily my master chef of a mom, Ginny, has taught me her ways ❤) Also, a lot of gluten-free food doesn’t exactly cooperate when trying to cook with it 😂🤷♀️. But I’m here to tell you that there is an easy way to make a delicious gluten-free stuffing that everyone can enjoy!
Easiest Ever GF Stuffing
- 2 TBS butter
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 6-8 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 loaf Kinnikinnick gluten-free white bread
- Poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Cube 1/2 loaf of Kinnikinnick gluten-free white bread and spread evenly in pan (make sure it is only 1 layer of bread…too much bread will make this recipe a FLOP)
- Over medium heat, melt 2 TBS butter
- Once butter is melted, add diced onion, diced celery, sprinkle with poultry seasoning and let it simmer! Give it a stir every few minutes 👍
- Once vegetables are soft, pour mixture evenly over bread and mix together
- Mix 1/4 cup water with more poultry seasoning and pour over bread and vegetables.
- This sounds silly – but kind of smash it down so it is even in the pan (helps it bake better, haha!)
- Cover with foil and cook for 25-30 min. Enjoy!
Now, as you will notice, there are not a ton of ingredients listed. Which is awesome because easy cooking is MY JAM. But that means that one thing wrong or missing can ruin the recipe. For this stuffing that is definitely the bread. 100% THE BREAD. You’ve got to get the good stuff and that is Kinnikinnick gluten-free bread! It has a really smooth texture – we all know gluten-free can be kind of…sandy (? haha) at times! So definitely grab this bread if you haven’t tried it yet because it is super yummy!
Happy Thanksgiving Momchella Mamas!
Join us on Facebook! Search Momchella: A Mommy Lifestyle Blog